The Ophthalmology clinic will soon undergo a complete renovation. We anticipate that renovations will begin mid-March and will last approximately 6 months. During the renovations, the C8-Ophthalmology clinic will temporarily move to the 3rd floor, around the corner from the C-18 Cardiology clinic. Directional signage will be in place to help you navigate the hospital.
About the Ophthalmology Clinic
The Department of Ophthalmology’s team of ophthalmologists, orthoptists, and nurses provides specialized care for surgical and medical diseases of the eye and orbit, including conditions such as:
- Cataract and glaucoma
- Trauma to the eye and surrounding structures
- Retinal disease, including retinal dystrophies and retinopathy of prematurity
- Eyelid and lacrimal abnormalities including ptosis (“droopy eyelid”) and blocked tear duct
- Genetic eye diseases
- Inflammation and infection of the eye and surrounding structures
- Ocular, orbital, and eyelid tumours/lesions, including retinoblastoma
How to Make an Appointment
Patients are seen by referral ONLY. We provide specialized care for both emergent and non-emergent care for outpatients from the Ottawa/Gatineau Region, Eastern/Northern Ontario and Western Quebec, and Iqaluit. We also provide ophthalmic consultation services for CHEO inpatients. Patients can be referred by an ophthalmologist, pediatrician, family doctor, or optometrist.
To find out how to refer a patient please visit Referring to Ophthalmology