Our mission:To improve the health and quality of life of children with weight related health complications and support them and their families in achieving a healthy active lifestyle.
We accept referrals:
For children and youth, 5-16 years of age, with complex severe obesity which is defined as:
- BMI > 99th% or
- BMI > 95th% with associated severe medical or psychosocial co-morbidity or chronic illness impacted by obesity:
- Hypertension requiring pharmacotherapy
- Hyperlipidemia requiring pharmacotherapy-(LDL-C and/or Non-HDL- C > 4.2 mmol/L)
- Technology dependant sleep disordered breathing (CPAP or BiPAP)
- Persistent Impaired Glucose Tolerance or Impaired Fasting Glucose(over a 6 month period- defined as fasting plasma glucose > 6.1 mmo/L and/or 2h plasma glucose > 7.8 mmo/L)
- Type 2 diabetes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (elevated liver enzymes and U/S evidence of fatty infiltration)
- Hypothalamic obesity (secondary to CNS tumour)
Chronic disease negatively impacted by obesity
Click here to download the CHAL referral form.
For more information, including location and contact info, please visit the CHAL website