Our mission:To improve the health and quality of life of children with weight related health complications and support them and their families in achieving a healthy active lifestyle.
We accept referrals:
For children and youth, 5-16 years of age, with complex severe obesity which is defined as:
- BMI > 99th% or
- BMI > 95th% with associated severe medical or psychosocial co-morbidity or chronic illness impacted by obesity:
- Hypertension requiring pharmacotherapy
- Hyperlipidemia requiring pharmacotherapy-(LDL-C and/or Non-HDL- C > 4.2 mmol/L)
- Technology dependent sleep disordered breathing (CPAP or BiPAP)
- Persistent Impaired Glucose Tolerance or Impaired Fasting Glucose(over a 6 month period- defined as fasting plasma glucose > 6.1 mmo/L and/or 2h plasma glucose > 7.8 mmo/L)
- Type 2 diabetes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (elevated liver enzymes and U/S evidence of fatty infiltration)
- Hypothalamic obesity (secondary to CNS tumor)
- Chronic disease negatively impacted by obesity
Click here to download the CHAL referral form.
For more information, including location and contact info, please visit the CHAL website