Decrease Text SizeIncrease Text SizeFacebookTwitterYoutubeInstagramLinkedIn

image of kids smiling with text "programs and services" 

Transition to Adult Care

How to Find a Family Doctor

Make sure you have a family doctor. Your health is not only related to your neurological condition. As you get older, you may develop health problems that are unrelated to your neurological condition. If you don’t have a family doctor, or if you are not happy with your family doctor, you need to find another as soon as possible. Your family doctor will help you with other non-neurological health issues. This is the person you will go to with your health concerns, and for preventative things like immunizations.

If your parents or other adult family members have a family doctor, maybe that doctor could become your family doctor as well. Or check with Health Care Connect, a program that connects patients with primary care providers.

  1. Register by phone, at 1-800-445-1822 Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. You’ll speak to a representative who will ask you a few questions.
  2. Register on line, at Health Care Connect. Once you register by phone or online, you will be linked with a Nurse Care Connector at Community Care Access Center who will help you find a doctor.

For Québec patients: You may register to find a family doctor accepting new patients.

Visit the portail santé mieux-être to:

  1. Register by telephone by contacting the CLSC for your territory. Visit the portail santé mieux-être to find the telephone number for your territory : trouver coordonnee.
  2. Visit the Portail santé mieux-être website to register online.

Take Action
Quick Links

Programs & Health Info
magnifying glass

Letter aLetter bLetter cLetter eLetter fLetter g Letter hLetter iLetter jLetter kLetter lLetter mLetter nLetter oLetter pLetter qLetter rLetter sLetter t Letter uLetter vLetter wLetter xLetter yLetter z
Zoomed image Close