PEDIATRIC MEDICAL DIRECTOR
The Pediatric Medical Director of the Better Outcomes Registry and Network (BORN) of Ontario is an opinion leader and agent of change who can engage diverse stakeholders to drive the enhancement of pediatric care for all children in the province.
The Pediatric Medical Director will report to the Executive Director of BORN, participate as a key member of the BORN Leadership team and support BORN in achieving its vision and mission.
SPECIFIC TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
i. Advise BORN of key health issues, priorities and opportunities in the pediatric health system
ii. Assist in the identification and maintenance of key partnerships to support BORN’s vision and mission
iii. Advise BORN on research necessary to address gaps and enhance the understanding of pediatric health issues
iv. Assist in the definition, collection, monitoring and evaluation of specific data elements and indicators of pediatric health
v. Act as a resource for BORN Epidemiologists and Data Analysts in the development and interpretation of reports
vi. Make recommendations on the dissemination of knowledge and information gained through BORN work to target audiences, including the general public
vii. Assist in the development of proactive recommendations for various stakeholders to improve pediatric health outcomes in Ontario
viii. Participate in related provincial meetings and teleconferences as requested
ix. Perform other related duties as required
· MD eligible to practice in Ontario and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons
· Post-graduate training and certification in Pediatrics or Family Medicine with specialization in Pediatrics
· Five years recent related program and/or project management experience
· Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner in a multidisciplinary setting
· Ability to set priorities and meet program goals in the face of multiple demands
· Well-developed communication skills to prepare reports and deliver oral presentations
BORN Ontario is seeking a Pediatric Medical Director able to commit 0.2 FTE in support of this role. Letters of Intent will be accepted until 11:59 pm on Thursday November 30th, 2017.
Please submit letters of intent and direct any inquiries regarding the position and the available stipend to Dr. Lise Bisnaire, Executive Director, BORN Ontario, at email@example.com, or at 613-737-7600 x.6346.