Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Manager, Human Resources and Scheduling will focus on improving and modernizing HR and Scheduling processes as well as provide leadership to teams of HR and Scheduling (Staffing & Scheduling Office) professionals.
This role is relied upon to build high-level, strategic relationships with key stakeholders in order to increase customer satisfaction.
· Builds strategic relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization (both Human Resources and Scheduling and internal customers) in order to understand issues and concerns;
· Evaluates current HR processes and identifies related deficiencies and opportunities for improvements (including in HR Information System, compensation, benefits, disability management, on-boarding, payroll and employee relations;
· Evaluates current Staffing and Scheduling processes and identified relates deficiencies and opportunities for improvements, including in establishment of baselines and master rotations, schedule builds,
· Recommends quality and efficiency improvements to current HR and Scheduling processes;
· Researches and introduces new and effective changes to HR and Scheduling processes;
· Builds a strategic plan for implementing change and drives the process improvements plan;
· Leads change management strategies with key stakeholders in order for the organization to adopt new processes;
· Liaison and communicates changes to all key stakeholders.
Leads and oversees the HR Specialists and the Disability and Leave Specialist in the areas of onboarding, benefits, pension, disability management, leaves and HRIS Management System;
· Leads and oversees the Scheduling Officers in the areas of recruitment, development, performance management and operational needs.
· Review and investigate all concerns and/or discrepancies brought to the Manager’s attention.
· As part of the HR Management team, contributes to the strategic development of HR and Scheduling processes, programs, and policies by developing progressive, business focused strategies to the current and future needs of the organization
- Coaches and motivates staff to high levels of performance, promoting continuous improvement and ensuring a reputation of excellence in service
- Ensures staff have the knowledge, skills and resources needed to perform their jobs effectively and with satisfaction by identifying ongoing technical, personal development training, and coaching for staff that is aligned with core competencies
· Provides expertise, training and support to all levels of management to ensure the effective management of all Human Resources and Scheduling issues
· Establishes and reports on key performance indicators to measure employee relations success and reports on monthly and quarterly basis.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience (Essential)
· Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation (Preferred)
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive HR or scheduling experience in a large corporate unionized environment (Essential)
· Minimum of 2 years of managing a team (Essential)
· Proven experience using process improvement methodologies (Essential)
· Proven experience developing and implementing process improvements (Preferred)
· Strong relationship-building, consultative and influencing skills; and exceptional interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with diplomacy and tact with all levels of management (Essential)
· Strong presentation, organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills (Essential)
· Solid understanding of how core HR systems and processes should work and the interdependencies between them (Essential)
· Demonstrated ability to identify solutions to both business and systematic issues, and use sound judgment and logic to make decisions (Essential)
· Demonstrated leadership experience (Essential)
· Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training with a variety of delivery methods and learning strategies (Essential)
· Proficiency in the use of MS Office products and good general knowledge of payroll/HR information systems (Essential)
· Flexible with working hours to suit operational requirements (Essential)
· Bilingualism (English/French) (Preferred)
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.