This position provides ongoing health care monitoring and provision of primary health care to clients receiving intensive treatment through the Regional Eating Disorder Program at CHEO. Working collaboratively with other members of the Eating Disorders Team, the Nurse Practitioner will have a lead role in working with community and provincial partners to facilitate referrals/assessments to all levels of the program. The Nurse Practitioner will liaise with referring providers pre-referral and post assessment to ensure continuity of care, thereby building capacity within the community through knowledge exchange and collaboration. The Nurse Practitioner will participate in the clinical assessment and collaborative management of youth whose illness is considered of moderate severity. In addition to their key role in providing expert nursing care to patients and families, they will also have expertise in consultation, collaborative practice models, leadership, education, research, evidence based practice, coordination and standardization of care, and knowledge transfer.
· Deliver comprehensive outpatient care management in collaboration with the Adolescent Health Physicians and other interdisciplinary eating disorder professionals
· Provide clinical leadership and evidence based expertise to -community agencies who provide mental health services for youth with eating disorders.
· Provide outreach teaching within the region in cooperation with the interdisciplinary team and the Provincial Outreach Network for Eating Disorders in Ontario.
· Support patient flow throughout the eating disorder program at CHEO and within the provincial network by triaging referrals and arranging formal assessments.
· Respond to consultations from provincial partners and community hospitals.
· Liaison with family physicians and those providing care management services for youth 18 years of age who are transitioning to adult services.
· Promote and actively participate in research.
· Advise on quality issues and support quality improvement initiatives.
· Collaborates with academic/research institutions through shared projects and/or joint appointments.
· Perform work in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and the organizations corporate/departmental policies and procedures related to Occupational Health and Safety.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Police Record Check (PRC) (Essential)
· Master’s Degree in Nursing (Essential)
· Nurse Practitioner Certificate from a recognized program (Essential)
· Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as RN in the Extended Class (Essential)
· Member of RNAO or NPAO (Essential)
· Current BCLS (Essential)
· Three to five years of relevant clinical experience within a nursing/primary care environment (Preferred)
· One to two years of experience providing mental health support and services ideally with persons experiencing eating disorders (Preferred)
· Demonstrated organizational, conceptual and leadership skills (Essential)
· Demonstrated advanced practice skills and competence in interpersonal relationships, problem solving, communication, negotiation, and innovation.(Essential)
· Knowledge of mental health, medical, psychological, pharmacological treatment of eating disorders and co morbid conditions in youth.(Essential)
· Experience with teaching/training of other service providers (Preferred)
· Comprehensive ability to use computer technology (Essential)
· Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software (Essential)
· Valid driver’s license and access to own transportation (Essential)
· Bilingualism (French/English) (Preferred)
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.