|Job Title:||Communications Specialist, The Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health - BILINGUAL|
|Salary:||$62,205.00 to/à $76,401.00 per year |
The Communications Specialist will support the development, implementation and continuous evaluation of the Centre’s overarching communications and knowledge mobilization strategies, designed to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders. The specialist will provide communications support to all Centre programs and services, particularly around planning, producing, writing and editing of final products for public consumption. With strategic support from the Manager, Communications, the communications specialist will play a lead role in the planning, development and distribution of the Centre’s learning and development products.
- Supporting the development, implementation and continuous evaluation of the communications strategy:
- Work closely with the manager, communications to support the development and implementation of the strategy, for both internal and external stakeholders;
- With the guidance of the manager, communications, play a lead role in developing and implementing the Centre’s social media policy and strategy;
- Support Centre staff with the use of Centre messaging materials and style guides to ensure consistent delivery of core messaging; and
- Assist the manager, communications with continuous quality improvement of the strategy to ensure it is valuable for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide communications support to all Centre programs and services:
- Identify strategic communication and marketing opportunities that arise;
- Represent communications and marketing at program and service meetings and ensure it is being considered and discussed as a part of work plans (e.g. timelines for editing, using style guide for consistency, using branding guidelines, translation requirements);
- Review, edit and/or write public facing documents to ensure consistent language and style; and
- Review, edit and/or write web content to ensure consistent language and style.
- Leading the planning, development and distribution of the Centre’s learning and development products:
- Work closely with Centre staff and management to propose the concept and elements of learning products;
- Prepare and disseminate RFQ to vendors and lead selection process; main contact with vendor of choice;
- Work closely with managers and project leads to identify content and stories to share through these vehicles;
- Work closely with vendors to plan, develop and distribute products when appropriate; and
- Review feedback and incorporate into planning process for other products.
- Other duties as assigned by manager, communications:
- Support web sites and web site administrator;
- Support Centre staff with planning of events and or meetings within the province; and
- Assist the manager, communication with media relations when required.
- Police Record Check (PRC) (Essential)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field (Essential)
- Five years experience in communications (Preferred)
- Experience in developing products across a variety of formats (Essential)
- Experience in writing about health research (Preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in children and youth issues (Essential)
- Superior oral and written communication skills (English and French) (Essential)
- Sound knowledge of social media applications and principles (Essential)
- Proficiency in diverse product development software and hardware (PhotoShop, InDesign, Premiere, infographics, video production and editing) (Preferred)
- Superior organizational skills (Essential)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment (Essential)
- Strong team player (Essential)
- Bilingualism (French / English) (Essential)
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Bilingualism (French/English) will be validated by a language proficiency assessment conducted by a third party provider. Candidates will be required to meet the minimum linguistic profile prior to the date of hire.