|Job Title:||Epidemiologist, BORN Ontario |
||Manager, Health Outcomes– Better Outcomes Registry & Network (BORN) Ontario
|Salary:||$44.70 to / à $53.29 per hour |
The BORN Ontario Epidemiologist will be a resource for the provision of methodological consultation and technical assistance on surveillance, research and evaluation.
- Plans, develops and conducts complex epidemiological and/or biostatistical surveillance and research studies involving multi-disciplinary teams comprised of internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads project teams conducting surveillance, risk assessment and investigations.
- Critically evaluates and assesses epidemiological/statistical and other scientific evidence, targeted surveillance and research activities and methodologies to identify and evaluate risk factors to public health, identify information gaps and validate the integrity of the data and scientific methodology.
- Contributes expertise to the development of epidemiological research studies – including methodologies, approaches and models.
- Manages projects, resolves methodological and other problems, and ensures appropriate analysis and interpretation of the data/results.
- Writes or edits grants protocols, proposals, comprehensive study reports/papers/publications with findings, conclusions, and evidence-based recommendations to enhance efforts for the prevention, mitigation or control of health risks and/or adverse outcomes in assigned area. Works with team members to ensures appropriate dissemination of this information. Stimulates the improvement or development of public health interventions at the provincial and national level.
- Represents BORN Ontario at various regional, provincial, national and international committees and meetings.
- Develops and provides professional, expert advice, intelligence and recommendations to BORN Ontario team members, and hospital, public health, LHIN and MOHLTC groups as requested.
- Establishes, fosters and expands consultative networks with relevant stakeholders.
- Participates in professional development activities for the epidemiology field such as peer review of journal publications, reports, and theses; develops executive-level briefings, presentations, and responses to inquiries about data from BORN Ontario stakeholders.
- Police Record Check (PRC) (Essential)
- Masters preparation in epidemiology (Essential)
- Strong research, analytical and communication skills. (Essential)
- Experience in perinatal health and epidemiologic research in this area (Essential)
- Ability to identify and analyze, trends and changes in disease and corresponding risk factors, contributory factors, incidence and prevalence rates, outcomes and other relevant epidemiological measures (Essential)
- Competence in SAS and data linkage(Essential)
- Working experience with CIHI data (Essential)
- A minimum of five years’ experience including strong experience in program evaluation. (Essential)
- Demonstrated knowledge of research and research methods (Essential)
- Experience with statistical software and database development, management and analysis (Essential)
* Please note you will be represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU).
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.