#CHEOchat to Take Place Sunday During CHEO Telethon
The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) will hold its first-ever Twitter chat Sunday, June 5th -- with three of its doctors answering questions live for people in the community.
The Twitter Chat will take place from 5:15 – 6 pm, in conjunction with the CHEO Telethon. The chat will be moderated by CTV Ottawa news anchor Graham Richardson.
Dr. Ian Manion, Dr. Catherine Pound, Dr. Sarah Reid and Dr. Anna Karwowska, will be live on Twitter from 5:15 – 6pm to answer general health questions spanning a range of physical and mental health challenges.
“The community is always very good to CHEO during the CHEO Telethon,” said Michel Bilodeau, president and chief executive officer, CHEO. “We wanted to show we appreciate the support. These doctors have volunteered to answer health questions for children, youth and parents in the community. It is a small gesture of thanks, but hopefully there will be those who find it helpful.”
Questions for the chat can be submitted in advance by tweeting them with the #CHEOchat hashtag.
There are several ways to participate in a Twitter Chat, but if you are new to Twitter, we recommend this as the easiest way:
- Sign up for a Twitter account at www.Twitter.com
- Go to www.tweetchat.com, login using your Twitter account, and then enter the “#CHEOchat” hashtag.
- Be on-line at 5:15 pm to ask your questions and discuss health topics of interest to you.
Rules of engagement:
- As clinical care requires detailed review of patient details, doctors participating in this Twitter Chat will not be able to address patient-specific information. They will only address general health questions and inquiries.
- Use common sense.
- Be yourself.
- Consider the privacy of your own health information and of those in your family.
- Be positive and respectful of others participating in the chat.
- No spam or solicitation
- Be sure to include the #CHEOchat hashtag in all your tweets
The CHEO Telethon begins Saturday, June 4th at 7pm and continues through to 7 pm on Sunday, June 5th. It will be broadcast on CTV Ottawa, Bell Expressvu 229 and Shaw 311.
For more information, please contact Marie Belanger at 613-737-7600, ext 2658 or firstname.lastname@example.org