Patient and Family Engagement
Let’s work together to make sure you get the best care possible!
Children, youth and caregivers are equal partners on the healthcare team. Guided by our patient/family-centred care values of respect, communication, collaboration and support, there are concrete ways that you can be involved in your care and help us improve the care and experiences of all children, youth and families with whom we interact.
In addition to being a partner in your/your child’s care during appointments or your hospital stay, there are other ways to get involved.
- Stay informed about new developments, resources and the latest CHEO news by signing up for our “Families First” newsletter
- Tell us about your experiences of care by filling out one of our patient and family experience surveys
- Add your e-mail to our list of patients and families who agree to be polled from time to time on specific questions and topics of interest to CHEO. To do so, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with subject line “Quick Polls”
- Contact our Patient/Family Representative if you have questions or concerns that couldn’t be addressed by your healthcare provider or the Manager
- Help us improve the quality of care by becoming a Youth or Family Advisor. Advisors help us deepen our understanding of care experiences by participating in specific improvement projects from time to time, as required by front line care teams. Apply here.
- Become a Youth Forum or Family Forum member by providing your insights and advice to CHEO leaders and staff on advancing patient- and family-centred care and engagement practices.
- Are you between 13 and 20? Join CHEO YouthNet RéseauAdo’s Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) every Monday from 6pm – 8pm and share your knowledge to better the Youth Mental Health Care System. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for being a partner in your care!