Keeping our patients safe is a top priority at CHEO. As partners in care, patients and families play an important role in ensuring our patients receive the best care. The Ontario Hospital Association has a campaign called “Your Health Care — Be Involved” which gives five tips for patients and families:
Your Health Care
The Ontario Hospital Association has a campaign called “Your Health Care — Be Involved” which gives five tips for patients and families:
- Be involved in your child’s health care. Speak up if you have questions or concerns.
- Tell a member of the health care team about your child’s past illnesses as well as his or her current health condition.
- Bring all of your child’s medicines when you come to the hospital.
- Tell a member of the health care team if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to any medicine or food.
- Make sure you know what to do when your child goes home from the hospital
Infection Prevention and Reporting
Patient safety is a number one priority for CHEO. There are numerous checks and balances in place as part of our Infection Prevention and Control Program.
In addition, CHEO is pleased to participate in the Ontario government program to report on key patient safety indicators. Public reporting is another helpful measure to ensure care becomes even safer, and improves over time.
- CHEO Infection Prevention and Control Program
- Infection Reporting: