|We Accept Referrals
||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
For the following types of patients:
All general pediatric issues including but not limited to:
- Failure to thrive
- Feeding problems
- Abdominal pain
- Query developmental delay
- Speech delay
- Undiagnosed medical problems
|We are unable to support the following referrals:|
- Behavioural problems
- Learning difficulties
- Primary care
- Children with a community pediatrician unless referred by the pediatrician
For these patients, please refer to:
- Centralized Intake for Mental Health Services at CHEO/ROMHC: Telephone: 1-866-737-2496
- Other appropriate services
Making a Referral
Mail or fax the referral form to:
Consulting Pediatrics Clinic, CHEO
401 Smyth Road
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L1
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
- Once the referral has been received, reviewed and triaged, an appointment will be booked.
- The patient will be notified directly with their appointment time.
- If the status of your patient changes, it is your responsibility to notify CHEO.
Provide this Information for Patients and Families
- The Consulting Pediatrics Clinic is located in C-1.
- Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- health card
- any medications.
- If the Consulting Pediatrics Clinic at CHEO is not able to address your appointment in a timely manner, your referral will be sent to CHEO-associated pediatricians in the community. This is done to accommodate a high volume of referrals.
- The Consulting Pediatrics Clinic cannot guarantee an appointment within a certain period of time.
- For more information about your visit to CHEO, please visit /en/gettingtoCHEO