|We Accept Referrals || ||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
|From: Physicians and individual patients/ families |
For the following types of patients:
- Established diabetes
- New onset diabetes
|For the following types of patients: |
For these patients, please refer to:
- Bone health
- Other endocrine conditions
Making a Referral
Mail or fax the referral form to:
Diabetes Clinic, CHEO
401 Smyth Road
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L1
- NOTE: For suspected or confirmed new onset Type 1 Diabetes, page the Diabetes Doctor-on-call and fax the referral marked ‘urgent’.
- Please include with your referral:
- relevant lab data (i.e. blood glucose, urinalysis, etc.)
- written consult and previous history for established diabetes.
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
- Once the referral has been received, reviewed and triaged, an appointment will be booked.
- The patient will be notified directly with their appointment time.
- If the status of your patient changes, it is your responsibility to notify CHEO.
Provide This Information for Patients and Families
- The Clinic is located in C-1.
- Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- health card
- any medications.
- A medical student or resident will usually see the patients first. Height, weight, pubertal exams are performed on all patients. Blood tests are usually performed the day of the appointment.
- Family and patient will be informed if they need to fast prior to their appointment.
- For more information about your visit to CHEO, please visit http://www.cheo.on.ca/english/6100.shtml.