|We Accept Referrals || ||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
|From: Physicians, Pediatricians, Nurse Practitioners and Public Health |
For the following types of patients:
- HIV positive and HIV exposure
- Prenatal HIV counselling
- HIV pre- and post-test counselling
- Sexual assault
- Needle-stick injury
|For the following types of patients: |
For these patients, please refer to:
- Rule out immune deficiency
- Rule out hepatitis B or C
Making a ReferralMail or fax the referral form to:
HIV Program, CHEO
401 Smyth Road
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L1
- Please include with your referral:
- HIV results
- blood work, X rays, CT scan
- growth chart
- disclosure status
- social support information.
- language spoken and country of origin.
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
- Once the referral has been received, reviewed and triaged, an appointment will be booked with our multi-disciplinary team within 24–48 hours of receiving the referral.
- The patient and family will be notified directly with their appointment time. Please include name and phone number of contact person.
- You may call 613-737-7600 x 2651 to discuss the referral or the urgency of the consultation.
- If the status of your patient changes, it is your responsibility to notify CHEO.
Provide This Information for Patients and Families
- Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- health card
- any medications
- immigration papers
- Ontario Drug Benefits (ODB) card.
- For more information about your visit to CHEO, please visit http://www.cheo.on.ca/en/gettingtoCHEO