|We Accept Referrals || ||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
|From: Physicians |
For the following types of patients:
- Infectious disease related illnesses
- Immunization counselling
- Rule out immune deficiency
- Maternal exposure to Hepatitis B and C
|For the following types of patients: |
For these patients, please refer to:
- Positive hepatitis B or C
- Failure to thrive
- Pre-travel counseling
Making a Referral
Call central booking at 613-737-2222 to make an appointment and then mail or fax the referral form with the appointment date given to:
Infectious Diseases Clinic, CHEO
401 Smyth Road
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L1
- Note: The average waiting time for an appointment is 3 months. If your patient needs to be seen more urgently then central booking will transfer your call to the Infectious Diseases Office.
- Please include with your referral:
- relevant blood work, culture results and x-rays
- name, service, and private office number for outside referrals.
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
- It is the referring physician’s responsibility to notify the patient and family of their appointment at CHEO.
Provide This Information for Patients and Families
- The Infectious Diseases Clinic is located in C-1.
- Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- health card
- any medications.
- If a patient is MSRA they will go directly to a private room and will not wait in the general waiting room. This also applies to patients that have an infection that is potentially communicable to others.
- First appointments may take a few hours time.
- For more information about your visit to CHEO, please visit http://www.cheo.on.ca/english/6100.shtml.