|We Accept Referrals || ||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
|From: Physicians, Pediatricians, and other Health Care Providers |
For the following types of patients:
- Illnesses related to kidney disease and renal failure
- Concerns related to kidneys
|For the following types of patients: |
For these patients, please refer to:
- 17 years of age and older
Making a ReferralMail or fax the referral form to:
Nephrology Clinic, CHEO
401 Smyth Road
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L1
- Prior to our assessment, we kindly request that the following investigations be considered and included in your consultation:
- Renal ultrasound +/- renal Doppler +/- bladder ultrasound, 24-hour urine protein collection in all patients capable of collecting a reliable 24 hours sample (typically older than 3 years and not bed wetting)
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
- Once the referral has been received, reviewed and triaged, an appointment will be booked.
- The patient and family will be notified directly with their appointment time.
- If the status of your patient changes, it is your responsibility to notify CHEO.
Provide This Information for Patients and Families
- The Nephrology Clinic is located in C–2.
- Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- health card
- any medications.
- For more information about your visit to CHEO, please visit http://www.cheo.on.ca/en/gettingtoCHEO