|We Accept Referrals || ||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
|From: Physicians |
For the following types of patients:
- Children’s lung diseases (including asthma and bronchopulmonary dysplasia)
- Sleep disordered breathing in children
|For the following types of patients: |
- Positive tuberculin skin tests
- Non-specific sleep problems
Making a Referral
Fax the referral form to the CHEO Scheduling Centre at 613-738-4865.
- Please include with your referral:
- lab tests done to date
- X-rays, X-ray reports
- if recurrent pneumonia: office notes of each event or discharge summaries if admitted outside CHEO or Emergency Department visits if seen outside of CHEO
- discharge summaries for any admissions for respiratory illnesses outside of CHEO
- sleep studies if performed outside of CHEO
- growth charts if relevant.
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
- Once the referral has been received, reviewed and triaged, an appointment will be booked.
- The patient and family will be notified directly with their appointment time.
- If the status of your patient changes, it is your responsibility to notify CHEO.
Provide This Information for Patients and Families
- The Chest Clinic is located in C-11.
- Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- health card
- any medications
- any respiratory devices (ie. Aerochamberä, CPAP machine, etc.) that the child is using
- any chest x-rays that have been done outside of CHEO (either films or on CD).
- CHEO will contact the referring physician if there are special instructions for the family and patient regarding their visit.
- For more information about your visit to CHEO, please visit http://www.cheo.on.ca/english/6100.shtml.
- Download the Chest Clinic Pamphlet.