|We Accept Referrals || ||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
|From: Physicians |
For the following types of patients:
- Nocturnal hypoventilation
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Genetic syndromes/craniofacial anomalies
- Oxygen/CPAP/bilevel/ventilator dependent
- Neurological disorders
- Asthma/chronic lung disease
- Diaphragm paresis
- pre-/post-operative ENT
|For the following types of patients: |
- Behavioural problems (i.e. insomnia)
Making a Referral
Mail or fax the referral form to:
Sleep Disorders Centre, CHEO
401 Smyth Road
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L1
- Download the Sleep Disorders Centre Referral Form.
- Please include with your referral:
- oxygen/CPAP/BiLevel/Ventilator settings
- planned surgery and date
- results of previous sleep studies done outside of CHEO
- special requirements (i.e. wheelchair accessibility, lift, pumps, cough assist/In-Exsufflator, diet, etc.).
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
- Once the referral has been received, reviewed and triaged, an appointment will be booked.
- The patient and family will be mailed a letter to notify them of their appointment. The letter will include information for your visit to the Sleep Disorders Centre. Patients with urgent appointments will be notified by telephone and given special instructions.
- If the status of your patient changes, it is your responsibility to notify CHEO.
Provide This Information for Patients and Families