|We Accept Referrals || ||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
|From: Physicians |
For the following types of patients:
- Latent TB infection
- Rule out TB disease (pulmonary/ extra-pulmonary)
- TB contacts/exposure
|For the following types of patients:|
For these patients, please refer to:
Making a Referral
Call central booking at 613-737-2222 to make an appointment and then mail or fax the referral form with the appointment date given to:
Tuberculosis Clinic, CHEO
401 Smyth Road
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L1
- Note: If the patient has an abnormal chest x-ray, central booking will transfer your call directly to the Infectious Diseases Office.
- Please include with your referral:
- Tuberculin skin test reading, dates, reason completed
- CXR report and film
- country of origin
- TB exposure history
- general health history, any signs and symptoms.
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
- It is the referring physician’s responsibility to notify the patient and family of their appointment at CHEO.
- If the status of your patient changes, it is your responsibility to notify CHEO.
Provide This Information for Patients and Families
- The Tuberculosis Clinic is located in C-1.
- Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- health card
- any medications.
- First appointments at CHEO may take a few hours.
- For more information about your visit to CHEO, please visit http://www.cheo.on.ca/english/6100.shtml.