Customer Care and Administrative Roles
Volunteers who assist with the day-to-day administrative and support activities enhance and contribute to the smooth delivery of services provided by staff. This level of involvement is a significant support and is greatly appreciated by our team.
These activities vary but can include:
- Greeting patients, families, staff and visitors
- Provide wayfinding
- Preparing educational and instructional materials
- Assisting with audits, pulling and reviewing files, extracting, documenting and recording data
- Alphabetizing, sorting and filing
- Assisting with mail-outs (labelling, stamping, stuffing)
- Creating new files, and shredding confidential documents
- Data entry
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing documents
Areas where these activities may be needed are in Clinics, Finance, Genetics, Human and Volunteer Resources, Media House, Mental Health services, and Rehabilitation Services ( Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Audiology)
Volunteers who are organized, attentive, motivated, independent, and open to learning and enjoy a dynamic environment are needed. Opportunities are weekdays, three (3) hours, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.