YouthNet / RéseauAdo
YouthNet / RéseauAdo is a bilingual for youth by youth mental health promotion program at CHEO. YouthNet offers alternative support services for youth aged 13 to 20. We strive to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health and illness through prevention and intervention activities, education, research, and advocacy.
All our programs are led by our trained facilitators aged 20 to 30 and are supported by a clinical back-up social worker
Mental Health Literacy
- Presentations for schools and youth community centres: Wellness 101, StressLESS and How to Help a Friend
- Pens and Paints: Art based program that focuses on coping with stress through visual arts and creative writing.
- Winter Wellness: Activity based program that runs in the winter. Youth learn how physical activity can help them cope with stress through snowboarding, skating, snowshoeing among other winter-based activities.
- Rooted: Activity based program that runs in the summer that focuses on outdoor physical activity such as hiking or canoeing, as well as, touring farms and exploring nature as a way of learning about mental health and learning coping strategies.
- Mindfulness: This program encourages youth to discover oneself and allows them to recharge through mindfulness, yoga, creative projects and discussion with peers. Most of all, it teaches youth the key aspect of mental health maintenance which is self care. This program is for youth 15 and older.
Advocacy Work/Youth Engagement
- Youth Advisory Committee (YAC): a youth advocacy group that works towards promoting mental health and destigmatizing mental illness. The members meet on a weekly basis and work on a wide variety of community or Youth Net projects.
If you are 13 to 20 years old and want to join one of our programs please contact us at 613-738-3915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit YouthNet on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Or check out youthnet’s official website for more information